26 July 2009

Home Cooking: Crumbed Chicken (25 July 2009)



Crumbed Chicken Cravings

Who loves crumbed chicken? I do! So having 4 chicken drumsticks which I didn't use for the coq au vin recipe I decided to see if I could cook some homemade crumbed chicken for the first time. I didn't refer to a recipe but knew in theory I should flour the chicken, then egg it and then crumb it. For the crumbing I mixed some Krummies and Mixed Herbs, added some salt and pepper and pan fried until golden brown to seal. Then popped into the oven for about 45 minutes at 200 degrees. Had no idea how long it should cook for but this seemed to be enough time to cook through to the bone and the meat still remained juicy and tender enough.

Do you have a good recipe for crumbed chicken?

Krummies and Mixed Herbs

Pan fried in oil and butter

Oven baked for 45 mins at 200 degrees


Crumbed chicken with salad, Chef Leong :-)

4 comments:

Maria@TheGourmetChallenge said...

hmmmm yummmmm.......herby crusty fried chicken. I cant stop drolling now. My secret recipe is no secret. Loads of hot oil to get the skin really crispy and crackling. YUM!

Simon Leong said...

Hi Maria, I think the key to moist meat is a good crispy outer shell to seal in the juices.

Shanks said...

Yummo!! I love crumbed chicken. I do pretty much the same but with chicken wings & I add Sweet Paprikia and Cumin in with the mix.

Simon Leong said...

Hi Shanks, adding paprika and cumin sounds like a great idea. I'll have to remember for next time. i'm thinking also perhaps garlic salt or garlic flakes?

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map